Born in 1923, Naples (Italy)
Since 1924 lives in the City of Buenos Aires where he developed his studies and his professional activity.
- 1987. Triennial Award "Architects of America" by the American Federation of Architects
- 1992 Doctor Honoris Causa by the University of Buenos Aires
- 1994 Lifetime Achievement Award Architectural Vitruvius
- 1996 Honorary Professor of the Faculty of Architecture of the UBA.
- 2003 "Honorary in Architecture" by the Università "La Sapienza" - Rome. Italy.
- 1959 . 1st prize. Bank of London and South America Headquarters.
- 1962 . 1st prize. National Library 1er.Premio 1962.
- 1970 . 1st prize. Neighborhood hospital. Bariloche, Argentina.
- 1970 . 1st prize. Naval Hospital. Buenos Aires
- 1970 . 1st prize. Contests Hospital San Juan Bautista, Catamarca and Hospital President Plaza, La Rioja.
- 1973. Legislative Palace in Santa Rosa, La Pampa.
- 1975 . 1st prize. Aerolineas Argentinas Headquarters - Catalinas Norte. Buenos Aires.
- 1975 Terrazas. Ro.driguez Peña Street between Liberator and Inns.
- 1979 Centro Cultural Recoleta in Buenos Aires.
- 1981 . 1st prize. Center Expansion 1er.Premio Contest. Santa Rosa, La Pampa.
- 1983 Banco de la Nacion Argentina. Branch Carlos Paz, Province of Cordoba.
- 1985 . 1st prize. Draft Competition Award. Balneario La Perla. Mar del Plata.
- 1987 House in Ostend. "The Deck". Province of Buenos Aires
- 1993 "Peace Auditorium." Temple Soka Gakkai International. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1997. 1st prize Competition Award Program Urban Renewal Area Saavedra Bridge.
- 1997. 1st prize . University of Salvador. Pilar. Province of Buenos Aires.
- 1998. 1st prize Award Universidad Torcuato Di Tella. Project.
- 1998. 1st prize. Background Award Competition for the Remodeling of the Hospital "I. G.
- 1998 Special Guest at the 1999 Architecture Biennale Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 2000 Guest at the Venice Architecture Biennale, Italy.
- 2002 Guest Master Program "Architecture: Critical and project" Department of Higher Technical School Arquitectonics Projectes d'Architecture in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2003 Title "Honorary in Architecture" issued by the Università "La Sapienza" - Rome. Italy.
- 1997. 1st prize Ciudad Cultural Konex Award.
- 2011 "Watercolor" Building Sea and Bdo Boulevard. Irigoyen - City of Mar del Plata.
Architect graduated from the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
University of Buenos Aires in 1986. Gold medal and Diploma of Honor.
Best average of his class (8.83).
He teaches at the university UBA FADU since 1985 and from from 1993 in FAU UB. Professor of Architecture I, II, III, IV, Urban Project and Architectural Design, Faculty of Architecture Design and Urbanism of the University of Buenos Aires (UBA FADU) 2005 to date.
Professor of history. School of Architecture and Urbanism of the University Belgrano (UB FAU) 2006 to date.
Assistant Professor of Architecture Vertical Competition Workshop I to V,
Miguel Angel Roca Chair, Faculty of Architecture and Urban Design University of Buenos Aires (UBA FADU) 1998 to 2005.
Jury of theses and competitions at FAU FADU UB UBA.
Visiting Professor at the University Torcuato Di Tella and Palermo.
Par CONEAU evaluator (National Assessment and University Accreditation)-Careers in Architecture.
Editor and Publisher Syntaxis, architectural publications.
Edited several books of the work of Argentinean architect Claudio Caveri
Eleven issues published in Issue 3 of theory, history and criticism of the
architecture. Monographs on Argentine architects as Amancio Williams and others Clorindo Testa, Buenos Aires, from 1993 to 1998.
Issue 3 receives the National Prize awarded by the Ministry of Culture of the Presidency of the Nation in 1996.
Co-author of the book: Architects and works, reports architects, Summa + Editions, Buenos Aires, 2005.
Publication of articles in specialized magazines and supplements: Abitare Magazine (Milan), the International Day Art Journal, Journal Professional Council of Architecture and Urbanism (CPAU), Journal Central Society of Architects (SCA), Journal Summa + Homes Magazine, Journal of Architecture Housing and Supplements Scope of Financial and Clarin newspapers among others, Buenos Aires, 1985 to date.
Artist. He studied painting with Juan and Luis Felipe Noé Astica. from 1983 to 1993.
Hugo Mujica studied philosophy from 2001 to 2007.
• Church of God the Father, Congregation Sisters of Schoenstatt
• The Granados Zanjon, Defense 755, Buenos Aires.
Awards and honors
• Gubbio Prize, awarded by ANCSA (Associazione Nazionale Centri-Artistici Storico), Italy. Preselected together with other ten works from across Latin America and the Caribbean, for the work The Ditch of Granados, 2009.
• National Magazine Award 3, awarded by the Ministry of Culture of the Presidency of the Nation, 1996.
• IFRAA Award Honor Award, for the work of God Church Father awarded by The International Architectural Design Awards, Chicago, USA, 1993.
• Coca Cola Award in the Arts and Sciences, Buenos Aires, 1992.
• Gold Medal and Diploma of Honor UBA, Best Average of Promotion, Buenos Aires, 1986.
• Bearer of the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism UBA, Buenos Aires, 1985.
• Fellow of the Professional Council of Architecture and Urbanism,
CPAU, Buenos Aires, 1983 to 1985.
• Pyramid Award awarded by the Foundation for Architecture and Urbanism at the University of Buenos Aires, FAUBA, Buenos Aires, 1980.
• Exhibition Gubbio Prize for Latin America and the Caribbean, Legislature City of Buenos Aires, 2009.
• Contemporary Exhibition 05-09. MoLAA, Museum of Latin American Art, Long Beach, California, USA, 2005/2009.
• Miami Art Exhibition 2005, cutting edge artist, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami, Florida, USA, 2005.
• Exhibition of Argentine architects of the middle generation+ Think + Building Show, National Museum of Fine Arts Buenos Aires, the city council of Cordoba College of Architects
the city of Rosario, 2003 to 2004.
• Exposure The danger of large vegetations, National Halls Culture, Palais de Glace, Buenos Aires, 2000.
• Art Exhibition and city, Centro Cultural Borges, Buenos Aires, 2000.
• Exhibition. “Donde se bifurca el amarillo”, Borges Cultural Center, Buenos Aires, 1999.
• Exhibition “Edward Shaw Collection”, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, (UTDT), and Centro Cultural Borges, Buenos Aires, 1999/2008.
• Exhibition of drawings by Argentine architects creating a landscape culture, architecture and representation, the National Museum Fine Arts, Buenos Aires, 1993.
• Coca Cola Exhibition Award in the Arts and Sciences, Center Cultural Recoleta, Buenos Aires, 1992.
• Week Exhibition London: works and projects of the hull historic city, City Museum, Buenos Aires, 1987.
Born in 1970. Architect FADU UBA 1995.
Professor at the School of Architecture, Design and Planning of Buenos Aires.
Visiting Professor of Roger Williams School of Architecture, Rhode Island, USA 2010/2012
Member of the Court of Honor of the Central Society of Architects 2005/2012.
Professional Director of the Board of Architecture and Planning 2012
Supplement columnist Chronicler Commercial Architecture 2003/2005.
One of the members of KLM. Kelly / Lestard / Maldonado Architects. Along with KLM has won numerous national and international competitions of Architecture.
He received an Honorable Mention Award for Architecture Biennale SCA-CPAU 2000, Garnier Prize for Young Generation under 40 years, the 2002 Prize for the emerging Generation Vitruvius, the Award CAYC “Windows to the future” and the Young Generation Award Argentina XII International Biennial architecture.
Author of the book “Images of Wind”. CPAU ACS Publications Award 2008.
Author of audiovisual Prelude. 2010 ACS Award Audiovisual CPAU.
Alberto Varas, is the head of Studio Alberto Varas & Associates / Architects. Of Buenos Aires and founding partner VOV Group established in A Coruña, Spain in 2002.
He began his professional practice in Buenos Aires in 1966.
He has designed numerous buildings and has won prizes in published competitions in Argentina and internationally. Including the Auditorium of Buenos Aires (1 º Prize, 1972), Centro Cultural de Mendoza (1 st Prize, 1972), buildings 'Estuary' and 'Tower of May 25', the Nazca Set (1982) and Barrio Siderca Bell (1989), that received the Diploma of Honor of the Central Society of Architects in 1989.
Performed works for Recycling Old Puerto Madero: Dock Dock 7 and 8. Dock 7 won the award for Recycling of Andalusia in the X Biennial of Chile. More recently, building offices in the east of Buenos Aires.
Between 1990 and 1998 was four times the Annual or Biennial Award for Architecture SCA / CPA. The Velodrome and Indoor Hockey Mar del Plata, the Dock 7 in Puerto Madero, Barrio Siderca Bell and building Bvd. Chenaut 1905. Also won three Honorable Mentions in the same award for residential buildings and services: Juncal 4559, the Congress Centre Auditorium of the House in Pilar Mendoza.y (2006).
The Quito Architecture Biennale awarded him its International Honorable Mention in 2002 by the Plaza Access Memory Park in University City.
He has designed several urban fragments in the City of Buenos Aires, the area of the Ex - Sports City of Boca Juniors, obtained by competition, the Olympic Village for the Application of Buenos Aires 2004, the Urban Area Retirement (1 st prize in contest 1996), two Public Parks on the coast of Buenos Aires (1 st prize in the contest, 1998), a proposal for the Buenos Aires Ecological Reserve (2000) and the Urban Retreat, Port Project (2001-2005).
In 1998 he won the Vitruvius to the trajectory given by the MNBA. In 2002 Konex Award for his contribution to architecture in the period 1992-97 and in 2003 the First Prize for Best Built Heritage Intervention in the Retiro Terminal Station.
Recently he has undertaken numerous projects in Argentina, Paraguay and Spain, earning several Honorable Mentions, a National Competition and International Preliminary Plans for the seat of government of the Province of Córdoba (2001), another in competition for a Museum of Art Rock in Pontevedra, Spain (2002) being the most recent obtained mentions in competitions for the Rural events Center (2006) and the Bicentennial Cultural Centre (2006).
Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1957. Graduated as an architect at the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Urbanism of the University of Buenos Aires in 1984. In this Faculty has made teaching, giving classes within their specialization in sports facilities.
Between 1985 and 1993, participated in various works and projects including the Embassy of Argentina in Paraguay, CONET Schools in the Provinces of Cordoba and Santa Cruz. Self-construction single-family houses for COVIMA, Construction supervision of the Electrical Substation Villa Park and the Adequacy of the Building of the National Registry of Persons. Design and Construction of Sports Complex Belgrano.
From 1994 to date, is Director of Infrastructure of the Ministry of Sport Ministry of Social Development, which develops plans and projects, works and services for the National Center for High Performance Sports, National Recreation Center and the National Track rowing and Canoeing.
Within the Commissioning Plan CENARD have been implemented in recent years, the Center for Sports Physiology (2012), Argentine Center of Sports Information (2011), Center for Biomechanics (2010), Accreditation (2011), spare Hotel Peter Quartucci (2006), Track Physical Fitness (2006) and Main Track Athletics (2010), Indoor Hockey (2009), Gym Fitness (2010), Weightlifting Gym (2010), on the other hand has implemented Cerena BMX Track (2011), Cycling Track (2011), route Skating Rink (2011) among others.
At the same time advises Administration and Management of Sports and High Performance Centres in different parts of the country, as well as regionally in Costa Rica and Bolivia.